Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With All These Interviews What Is The Magic Words?
(01-02-2019, 09:50 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I think the bigger point is what are the Bengals going to say to get their guy? Assuming they are sincere in doing a legit search and not handing the reigns to hue and Vance as dc, I think the perception of working here has been cast. Job security but financially limited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, think that is the biggest question and i guess we will have to wait and see how this all goes and who we get in order to have a clue.

(01-02-2019, 10:28 AM)Big Boss Wrote: They aren't wrong, and other people who have this job ranked last or near the bottom are seriously underestimating just how attractive that prospect may be.  Any coaching candidate who looks at Marvin's tenure here can see three things:

1) You can build a playoff caliber team here despite not having a GM, not making a big splash in free agency, and not having an indoor practice facility.  It might be tougher, but Marvin proved you can do it.  There are no if's, and's, and but's about it.  
2) You will be given time here, provided you don't shit the bed completely. 
3) There are enough talented players here that you won't have to do a complete overhaul on day one. They are some missing pieces short of being competitive again right away. 

Sure, other teams might have GMs and might be bigger spenders in free agency, but what does that amount to if you're at risk of being fired after two mediocre seasons?

Great points, lots of reasons a good coach would want to come here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: With All These Interviews What Is The Magic Words? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-07-2019, 04:12 PM