Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Todd Monken should get the job
(01-08-2019, 05:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: One thing to remember with Monken is he is one of those guys on the cutting edge incorporating more and more Air Raid concepts. If we are looking out to a QB in the future he would be a great higher as the Air Raid QB's coming in over the last couple years are all the rage.

I like this.

(01-08-2019, 05:57 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Since my original response was removed due to a left turn thrown by someone else, I will try again.

I have my reasons.

Most of those reasons have to do with where those guys are coming from.  Both have been put in situations that were already mostly established and successful and more than likely been successful without their input.

They were not the architects or masterminds of the systems that they were put in, but more of builders that just did what the architects told them to do.

Taylor and Monken on the other hand were instrumental in the building process and helped create the turn around seen in their franchises.  Monken did it on multiple levels and did a great job with a bad situation in TB.  Taylor was instrumental in assisting McVay in making the Rams the team they are.

Great HCs are great communicators not great motivators.  I know they seem like the same thing but they are not.  You can be motivated by someone you don't respect and even hate, but sooner or later you lose your motivation and don't perform, just look at the Steelers.  A great communicator on the other hand will not only tell you WHAT to do but WHY you need to do it that way which is motivation enough.

McVay has stated that Taylor is a great communicator and that he will challenge in a way that is well received and respected.  

Those are some great reasons, might be talking me into your guys here.

I still would be happy with any of these guys over Vance Joseph or of course and inside hire which i highly doubt happens now.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Todd Monken should get the job - corpjet - 01-07-2019, 09:33 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - McC - 01-07-2019, 09:44 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - jason - 01-07-2019, 09:56 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - McC - 01-07-2019, 09:59 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - bwh - 01-07-2019, 11:00 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - 3wt - 01-08-2019, 04:37 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - Au165 - 01-08-2019, 05:39 PM
RE: Todd Monken should get the job - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-08-2019, 06:35 PM