Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL front seven rankings: All 32 teams after 17 weeks
(01-09-2019, 09:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 25. Cincinnati Bengals
Geno Atkins and the Bengals pass rush was still formidable at times, but they paired it with easily the worst linebacking corps in the NFL. Their linebackers allowed 1,806 yards in their coverage this season – 284 more than any other group in the league.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-front-seven-rankings-all-32-teams-after-17-weeks

Gotta be honest, I didn't expect such a decline from Burfict and I thought Brown would have at least had a good impact on the run game. Last, I thought Jefferson would have found his way into the starting lineup by the end of the year, as he was a very solid prospect coming out of Texas but needed some refinement. From what I remember of Jefferson coming into the draft, he needed someone to give him some "tackling fuel" as they called it in The Waterboy.

If there is a "bright side," it's that Preston Brown tied his career high for both INTs and PDs in a season on just seven games as a Bengal. He was on his way to being better in coverage than he had ever been. Vigil also looked to have improved a good deal from Year 2 to Year 3.

I wouldn't be opposed to bring back Preston Brown (maybe as a 2-down thumper or put at SAM?), but I do want to see at least one LB taken high in the draft regardless if Brown is re-signed or not. I also have no issues releasing Burfict and putting that saved money toward a younger, more reliable FA LB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL front seven rankings: All 32 teams after 17 weeks - ochocincos - 01-10-2019, 11:11 AM