Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Silver: Numerous assistants being let go strongly suggests outside candidate
(01-10-2019, 06:07 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I always suspected this but I guess the unholy alliance between Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis mitigated against the perspective that change was taking place.  

I think with Lewis gone, the vision of the "NEW" front office establishment is clearer to the fans.  This is a good thing, as the transparency of change will give fans excitement, hope, and eventually lead to increased ticket sales!  

This is the most excitement I have had as a Bengal fan for nearly 30 years of Mike Brown oppression!  

Yes, we now know we will have a shot at a Playoff win and more.

Wasn't going to happen under Marv and we all knew it.

Eric B seems like the next HC and it is a good pick, he is the opposite of Marv. He is younger, aggressive, loves being creative and stays ahead of the game. These are the things he lives for as a coach. Very good communicator which is what we need and we might even see him pump up the players which Marv never seemed to be able to do.

(01-10-2019, 06:12 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: You and me both brother, you and me both.  I initially had little faith that things were changing in the FO, because, like you said....Merv, but when they shitcanned Piano Man during the offseason, made some other coaching moves, parlayed their 1st round pick into a center and left tackle, signed a good player at LB in Preston Brown (injuries this season notwithstanding), got Bates and Hubbard in one offseason......I started taking notice.  These were far from Mike Brown's normal ways.

It was pretty obvious and now all this where we are releasing our bad assistants lends even more credit to the fact Mikey is not involved. I really think we have most of the players for a good coach to work with. All we have to do is solidify the O-line and with Pollack staying which it looks like he can coach them up. Then get a good LB coach and some talented speedy tackling LB's and we are tough.

Things are really looking up. No more reasons to look towards Marv's or Mikey's history. The future is now.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Silver: Numerous assistants being let go strongly suggests outside candidate - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-10-2019, 06:50 PM