Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF White is gone, who do you pick?
(03-25-2019, 01:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Say Murray, Haskins, and Lock are gone. White is gone.

Who do you take? These are the guys to choose from:

Devin Bush
TJ Hockenson
Jawaan Taylor
Ed Oliver
Jonah Williams
DK Metcalf
Marquise Brown
Cody Ford

This probably won't be a popular opinion, but I would probably go Hockenson in that case.

At #11, you have to get a quality player.  Out of all those guys, Hockenson is the safest.  I would also say he is the most likely to be a Pro Bowl/All Pro type player.  Eifert is most likely going to be on a snap count again this year.  Uzi is a solid #2, but he's not a #1.  Frankly, there are injury concerns surrounding a lot of the top offensive weapons, too.  Not only Eifert, but AJ, Ross, and Gio could all be labeled injury prone.

I love Oliver, but there is some bust risk there with his size.  I would still be very happy with him as the pick because I really think that pairing him up with Geno will help the D get off the field on 3rd downs.

Williams and Ford would also be good picks.  I think either could start over Hart.  I think Williams could transition more easily to LT eventually while Ford has the upside to be a dominant Willie Anderson type RT.  

Taylor I don't particularly like, but I can't put my finger on it.  I just get this bust vibe from him, but I can't quantify it.

Devin Bush really isn't worth the #11 pick.  He's closer to Mack Wilson than he is to Devin White and even White is a bit overrated.

Brown and Metcalf really only make sense if you plan on letting AJ walk.  Brown has similar strengths and weaknesses to Ross.  Metcalf is basically a rocked up Mike Wallace.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF White is gone, who do you pick? - Whatever - 03-25-2019, 07:14 PM