Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon - Could he become a Top 3 back this year?
(03-28-2019, 07:45 PM)Ravage Wrote: I don't know that I would want one of them over Mixon either. Not that I think Mixon is the 'best' in the league, but he's in the conversation for being in that upper-echelon atm. Kamara's had a ton of usage the last few years, McCaffery could be a product of Newton vexing defenses, and like you said, Zeke's running behind a line that PA even almost couldn't have screwed up. Barkley, like I said, I just want to see do it again before I believe.

Those 4 all are dual threats, like Mixon. And of those 5 backs (Mixon, Kamara, McCaffery, Elliott, Barkley) the only one with a catch rate above 80% for their career is Mixon @ 82.02% (73 of 89). Kamara is 79.02% (162 of 205), Elliott is 78.48% (135 of 172), McCaffery is 78.9% (187 of 237), Barkley is the lowest at 75.2% (91 of 121). In fairness, all those other backs have significantly more passes thrown their way than Mixon does, likely due to Gio's presence is my guess.

And as far as Gordon's pass catching ability, he's not bad, but he's no game breaker in the passing game. First, his catch rate is worse than the 5 I just listed: 74.89% (182 of 243). And despite all those catches he's never managed to crack 500 yds receiving in a year. McCaffery's never been below 650, Zeke topped 500 last season, Kamara's never been below 700, Barkley had 700+ last year. Again, Mixon hasn't hit 500 in a season yet either, but he's got the smallest usage rate out of those 5 by a healthy margin, even including the rookie Barkley.

Great numbers Ravage, reps. I hope we start to use Mixon more in the passing game under Taylor and Callahan that is for sure. Didn't even know those catch rates but have known since he was at Oklahoma that he was one of the best in the bidness catching the ball out of the backfield. And with his abilities he can make Defenders miss and take it all the way or he can punish them.

Quite the weapon that i don't think has even scratched the surface since he hasn't been used right since he got here pretty much.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon - Could he become a Top 3 back this year? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-28-2019, 08:21 PM