Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Need Blocking. Mostly OT
(04-21-2019, 12:50 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This is the part I haven't heard before.

We need blockers, for sure, but fixing the blocking on offense won't matter when we are giving up 35+ points a game. Blocking is very important, we all agree with you Kevin, but fixing the linebackers is a bigger priority for quicker success.

Agreed...And I can't help but think our offensive line will be aided by a less predictable scheme.  What I mean is personnel groups and formations dictated run or pass and helped make it easier to defend.  I hope Dalton is given more authority to check in and out of run/pass plays based on what he sees.  

As far as the defense goes, unless we enjoyed watching Dalton execute a great should-be winning drive to only have pitt go right back down the field in 1:40, we need to improve the defense at both DT and LB positions.  The change in scheme from the horrible zone that Austin employed was a big start, but we need better personnel at NT and LB to make the defense playoff-caliber.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals Need Blocking. Mostly OT - kevin - 04-21-2019, 02:53 AM
RE: Bengals Need Blocking. Mostly OT - SHRacerX - 04-22-2019, 07:23 AM