Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kwon Alaxander - A case study on why the Bengals are still inept
(09-16-2019, 03:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: New coach, new staff, same old ownership. Just when you think the Bengals are somehow progressing as a franchise, stuff like this continues to come out. Below is a quote from Tyler Dragon, Bengals beat guy. Kwon Alaxander did have a good game, I saw it as well. The scary part is the excerpt from a Hobson article from March of this year. The Bengals are never going to get it or change.

I'm watching game film of the 41-17 blowout and LB Kwon Alexander keeps jumping out on my screen for the 49ers. He balled out on Sunday." - Tyler Dragon (Bengals beat guy)

An excerpt from a Hobson article from March of 2019:

Troy Blackburn does a lot of the free-agent deal making and he offered two perspectives this week. One for a deal that did happen for right tackle Bobby Hart and one for a deal that didn’t happen for Bucs linebacker Kwon Alexander. Alexander is one of those speed linebackers the Bengals desperately need and it didn’t get past the initial phone call even though new Bengals senior assistant Mark Duffner stood on the table for one of his position players in Tampa the last three years. Not at north of $14 million per year.

“He’s played one full year out of four,” Blackburn said. “Good athlete and we’ve got coaches connected with him that talk positively about him. Does that make him a $14- 15 million a year guy? Wow. We hear everything the fans say. We understand it, we respect it, we process it. But remember. We have a finite set of options we can pursue.”

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-blending-past-and-future-in-biggest-venture-ever

I liked Kwon as a potential LB target, however, $14 mil a year for him is nuts given his injury history.

Much like draft picks, you can't judge how good a FA signing after a couple of games, especially for that kind of money.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kwon Alaxander - A case study on why the Bengals are still inept - Whatever - 09-16-2019, 09:39 PM