Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bernard is the 13th Highest Paid Back in the NFL and has ...
(09-16-2019, 09:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 13 carries for 27 yards and 3 receptions for 49 yards through 2 games.

When the Bengals paid him this contract, I think a lot of us thought he was overpaid. Some saw it as he was going to be used more.

Just another in a long line of overpaying mediocre players. I doubt another team would have paid him this much.

This has to be insurance for a Mixon holdout. Operating out of fear.

Here's the contracts:
https://overthecap.com/position/running-back/

I think they extended him because of his character.

There's been a concerted push this year to sign character in order to establish the right culture.

I'm sure the same people complaining about this approach will be the ones complaining about the meltdown at the end of the Stealers play-off game and how Burfict and Pacman should never have played again.

This year we saw character being a big theme in the draft: Jonah Williams, Drew Sample, Pratt, Finley all being lauded as high character guys. I think they want to establish the right leaders around people like Joe Mixon and next year's draft picks.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bernard is the 13th Highest Paid Back in the NFL and has ... - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 09-17-2019, 09:59 AM