Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The LBer issue, is there a fix ?
(09-25-2019, 10:21 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Good points.

The offensive issue, specific to the run game, is that there is no respect for the pass game. Defenses know that they can get to Dalton in under 2 seconds. Dalton is on pace to get sacked 60 time this year.

So they bring their SS in the box, who can drop in zone if it's not a run.

Basically they are suffocating anything short to mid range, because they know Dalton won't get enough time for any deep routes.

After the Seattle game, the blueprint on us is simple. No OL equals no run and no deep routes.

And that is exactly what Pitt will do. Zone blitzes and secondary squatting on short and intermediate routes.

On another note, I'm surprised that it took this long for a player to abuse the concussion mandate.......a non-quantifiable injury.

I don't understand why they don't do more roll out/sprint out type of plays?  Andy is quite mobile, and has proven to be an effective runner, when ever he does.  I understand that many don't like roll out/sprint out plays, as it essentially cuts off 1/2 of the field for the defense to cover.  I'm not suggesting that they should do it a dozen times/game, just throw a couple in there to give the defenses something to think about, rather than just rushing straight up field every down..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The LBer issue, is there a fix ? - SunsetBengal - 09-26-2019, 10:47 AM
RE: The LBer issue, is there a fix ? - J24 - 09-25-2019, 04:40 PM
RE: The LBer issue, is there a fix ? - J24 - 09-25-2019, 05:01 PM
RE: The LBer issue, is there a fix ? - J24 - 09-25-2019, 05:26 PM
RE: The LBer issue, is there a fix ? - J24 - 09-25-2019, 05:27 PM
RE: The LBer issue, is there a fix ? - J24 - 09-25-2019, 08:07 PM