MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
The issue of the "difficult schedule" argument
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The issue of the "difficult schedule" argument
Bengals are 4-0, which is great, but obviously there are still a lot of Bengals fans not impressed with the Bengals record, including me. That's not because I think the Bengals are bad, I actually do think that they're good which is why I'm not that impressed by their record. I wouldn't say we're on the Patriots level, but I wouldn't be impressed if I was a Patriots fan either. They're supposed to be winning their games, much like I believe the Bengals should be winning theirs. There hasn't been a team yet this year that I thought the Bengals would lose to. So, for me it's hard to feel "impressed" knowing how good our team is and that it's the regular season against questionable teams. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will be absolutely impressed and jumping out of my seat if we can win a playoff game this year. My Bengals bar is high. We SHOULD be doing this good, so it's not surprising or impressive to me, but I am happy that we're not losing.

The main thing I wanted to address with this thread is the argument that the Bengals at first had a "hard schedule" but now have a weak one since we're winning. I would honestly like to hear peoples opinions of how they came to the conclusions that the Bengals had a hard schedule in the first place before the season even started or if they believe the Bengals now have a weak schedule. I personally believe it's a dull argument because it sounds like a lot people make these sort of assumptions based on teams records from the previous year. I don't think it's fair to say how "difficult" a teams schedule is until you've actually seen what the teams can do within the current season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The issue of the "difficult schedule" argument - Matt_Crimson - 10-05-2015, 10:46 AM