Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question For Lawyers (Or Anyone)
(10-23-2019, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry, I thought there was a jury.  Either way the court made a finding of fact.

The fact that there was a possibility that this boy might drive a car was not enough to require his parents. to lock him up and never let him out of the house alone.  No court is going to enforce that standard.

The parents did not supply the car.  The parents did not supply the alcohol.  They did nothing to cause this accident.  I don't see how you think they could be to blame.  If he was as crazy as you claim he was then it was your fault for getting in the car with him.
False.

You realized you're wrong and you're just trying to cover yourself.

The judge made bias, opinion based ruling when all of the facts pointed to his parents being able to foresee that he would do what he did.

We were 15.  15-year-olds do crazy things because the part of the brain that controls that kind of thing isn't developed until a person is around 25.  That's why parents have control over their kids until they're 18 (and now you'll post "well, if that's the case, then why don't parents have control until the age of 25," but a person is usually in college or out on their own by that age, and they're also much better decisions makers than before 18).
(10-23-2019, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: His driving to the cemetery did not hurt anyone.  I don't know what point you think was "strengthened".

I also agree that your parents should have done a better job of stopping you from engaging in dangerous criminal behavior like underage drinking, but it has been over 20 years.  You need to just forgive and move on.

My parents? 

Hilarious

Your attempts to bash me are so stupid its comical.  My parents punished me severely the one time they caught me drinking.  I went over my friend's house to go to a party and they had no way of knowing I'd be drinking, so how could they stopped me from engaging in dangerous behavior they had no way of knowing I'd be in.

I love this because it's a typical post by you where you make assumptions and hope that was is right and it scares me into not responding.

Messages In This Thread