Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the hell happened to Billy?
(10-28-2019, 07:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: First of all, I went to Ohio State for my BS and my MS — and I’m a normal Buckeye fan — so let me help you out with this.

No, Billy Price is not the greatest player on earth.  Ohio State has been turning out some excellent professionals of late.  Billy Price was a great center for the Buckeyes as was Pat Elflein who is now playing in Minnesota.  Some Ohio State players work out well in the NFL but others do not.  I have yet to see a Buckeye quarterback make it big with the pros, for example.  

Our Buckeye fandom does not extend into the NFL.  We’re happy when our alumni make it big, like the Bosa Brothers, but in the draft we’re not rooting for our own players to necessarily be drafted.  For example, I was happy the Bengals drafted Leon Hall out of Michigan because he was the best cornerback on the board at the time.

I have to agree. I have a B.S. from OSU, as well as season tickets.

Ohio State has 45 active NFL players (2nd in the NFL). That being said, college sports are designed to "school" talented players to the next level. These kids really don't have any real allegiance to the school for where they played. They want to get to the next level and the big paycheck. College basketball is the epitome of this with its "one and done" policy. You really think Zion Williamson gives crap about Duke? Or, Karl-Anthony Towns gives a crap about University of Kentucky?

I love Buckeye football but, at the NFL level, don't care where the players played. As much as I dislike Michigan and Alabama, if the entire Bengal team had players from those schools, and won a Super Bowl, I would be as happy a pig in (fill in the blank).

Price being from Ohio State is not the important issue. Having poor scouts and draft selections is the issue.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What the hell happened to Billy? - J24 - 10-28-2019, 06:08 PM