Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stat about Seattle's D since Chancellor's return
(10-09-2015, 11:08 PM)Penn Wrote: Oh, I'm hearing you.  They racked up an astounding 330 yards on Houston.  They followed that up with an impressive 299 yards against Denver.  What did they do against Green Bay?  326.

Your right, they will move the ball on the defense of the team I cheer for to a soft 461 yards.  I should just let Fresno B convince everyone this was an acceptable performance.  After all, KC punted once and turned the ball over once more (some would say that wasn't a fumble so you could claim they were held to 2 punts) and the game clock ran out on the other drive.  Nah, no one can say the clock did a better job because it held that "talented" offense to not score again.

Nope.  We don't need to be concerned with the defensive performance that allowed KC to move form 22 in the league in offensive yards to 14.

After all, KC didn't find the end zone (which they have struggled to do for nearly a year now).

Okay Xeno, Fresno is right.  Satisfied?

Was it an impressive performance against KC? Not exactly, but I don't see any reason to freak out about it. There were some positives. You say that KC has struggled to get in the end zone, which may have been true if this were 2014, but in their first 3 games this year, KC had 9 offensive TD's. Keeping them out of the end zone was a plus. 5 sacks was a plus. They forced and recovered a fumble. 

All this with Iloka out and Pacman missing the entire 2nd half. Leon started at S for the first time in his career, then switched outside (where he'd no good anymore) once Pacman went down. Then you have Dennard playing significant snaps in the slot for perhaps the first time. 

For all the shuffling they did in the secondary, this was a solid defensive performance. I'm hard on the defense when they deserve it. They just don't deserve a ton of grief right now, imo.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stat about Seattle's D since Chancellor's return - Shake n Blake - 10-09-2015, 11:51 PM