Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Andy Dalton Needs to Start Again
I can't agree about the possibility of retaining all current assistant coaches. Everybody knows that the Bengals had their hearts so set on ZT, that they didn't want to even remotely come close to breaking any rules during the process of waiting for him to finish the Superbowl season with LA.

In the process of "abiding by all of the rules", they missed the boat on most of the available coaching candidates last season, but that certainly shouldn't be an issue this year. I feel like they just let ZT bring in a bunch of guys that he was comfortable with, simply to get up and running. I honestly believe that ZT will get the medium to long leash, when it comes to being given opportunity to turn things around, but not this crew of bush league castoffs working for him. No sir, all of those empty seats, those embarrassing banners that the remaining fans have been hanging in the stadium? That's the sort of thing that motivates the Brown family, as it not only hits them in the pocketbook, it hits them in their feelings. I look for plenty of wholesale changes coming, in terms of assistant coaches and most likely, player personnel.

With what I've already said in mind, I would like to add that I also think that the hammer of judgement has truly fallen on Andy Dalton. It seems quite obvious to me that he's not in the future plans, and a major (at least for the Bengals) roster makeover is about to happen. Now, sure it would be nice to see the young guys fighting for their roster lives to get a win or two, but I really don't see Andy as the guy to be appointed to lead those wins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Andy Dalton Needs to Start Again - SunsetBengal - 11-19-2019, 06:39 PM