Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have to take Chase Young
I'm really torn between drafting Burrow or Young. I was all in on Burrow, but Young is just so dominant. Add a pass rusher of his caliber to the defense and it instantly helps some deficiencies, but it wouldn't solve the glaring issues at LB, and that HAS to be addressed in order for the defense to improve. Adding Young won't matter nearly as much if they can't stop the run and get teams into passing downs where he can really get after the QB.

On the flip side, if we are going to draft Burrow, there has to be a plan to significantly upgrade the O-line. Getting a healthy Jonah Williams will be like having an extra 1st round pick next year. Can we get something out of Cordy Glenn the remainder of the year that makes us feel like he can be a part of the line next year? The guard spots MUST be upgraded. The RT spot MUST be upgraded. Can Glenn fill one of those spots? He has 6 games to show it.

I'm starting to think we have to decide which side of the ball we want to try to fix first. If we draft Young, then go all in on fixing the defense first so we can get the most out of his abilities immediately. If we draft Burrow, then go all in on fixing the O-line so the kid isn't shell-shocked and can be helped in year 1 with a running game and solid pass protection.

The bottom line I think is either way this team decides to go, they aren't going to win next year, but I think with the right plan they can make huge strides toward being much more competitive in 2021.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals have to take Chase Young - CJD - 11-23-2019, 06:25 PM
RE: Bengals have to take Chase Young - CJD - 11-23-2019, 08:42 PM
RE: Bengals have to take Chase Young - J24 - 11-23-2019, 09:43 PM
RE: Bengals have to take Chase Young - J24 - 11-23-2019, 09:10 PM
RE: Bengals have to take Chase Young - Fullrock - 11-24-2019, 10:27 AM