Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Castellini would you please buy the Bengals...
(12-07-2019, 12:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would agree that he's an above average player. Not a bad guy to sign.

My big point is that adding 1 above average guy to a MLB team isn't going to change fortunes by that much.

To make the playoffs in baseball, you need 2 good pitchers atleast. And about 2-3 good hitters and then 2-3 above average guys.

Adding one player to a team that only needs to fill 2 or 3 holes (OF and 2nd base, maybe catcher) is a good start and can change fortunes.

2 good pitchers?  They have potentially the best starting 3 in the NL and almost definitely in the NL Central

2-3 good hitters?  Averages again?  maybe not so much...  power and potential for runs?  most definitely

starting lineup
Votto...need him back to the old but still a productive OBP and batter
Suarez...2nd in NL home runs and 103 RBI 
Moose...  35 homers and 87 RBI
Galvis... 23 homers and 70 RBI and a solid SS
Senzel...  Potential...the kid needs to get it going...still a decent rookie campaign coming of injury
Aquino...  I will extend his stats even though it would not happen.. 56 games, 19 homers, 47 RBIS...times that by 3  57 homers and 120+ RBI
Barnhart need upgrade
Winker need upgrade
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mr. Castellini would you please buy the Bengals... - spazz70 - 12-07-2019, 06:48 PM