Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the story behind Marvin Lewis becoming a coach here?
(12-24-2019, 10:11 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: From what I remember, Coughlin wanted too much power and GM duties so he wasn't hired and later stated that he didn't think he or anyone else could be successful here. When it came down to Mularky and Lewis, Mike Brown wanted to hire Mularky and Katie wanted Lewis. It was reported at the time that Katie had got so upset she stormed out of a meeting with her father and Mike gave in to her demand. I always thought that was a "likely" story, but I do remember that being reported at the time.

Mike supposedly liked Coughlin and Katie wanted Marvin. Mularkey got a second interview, but he himself has said that he bombed his first interview because he was distracted by coaching in the playoffs.  Coughlin had a list of FO changes and obviously wanted the GM title for himself.  He said at the time that he did not know if he could take the job if he was not also named GM.  However, it's important to note that he also had the GM title in Jacksonville and only took the HC job with the Giants without GM power after spending a year out of football.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the story behind Marvin Lewis becoming a coach here? - Whatever - 12-24-2019, 10:34 PM