Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
From Worst to... (The Last 20 Years)
(12-31-2019, 06:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If we go into this year as follows...

Same GM
Same Head Coach
Same OC
Same DC
Rookie QB
Limited FA activity

Then I would put our chance at 8 wins or above at about .0000001%.

We need at least one new coordinator, if not two. It sends a terrible message if you retain your GM, HC and then both coordinators. There would be no accountability, and that's what allows a losing culture to permeate through the entire building. It simply cannot happen.

We obviously need to, for once, be agressive and proactive in free agency. You can't stand pat with your league worst roster and expect one pick to magically elevate you immediately into contention.

And for those who are already guaranteeing at least 9 wins, or thinking that we're a sleeping giant, without yet seeing what we do, then I have to say you seem a tad delusional.

This franchise has a lot of work ahead of it. And chances are, even with a couple new bodies, this is a 2-6 win team. They really need some immediate changes to approach, with a little luck, to expect much more. The draft alone will nort save them. And a flaming turd pile of Benjarvis Green-Ellis, AJ Hawk, James Harrison, Nate Clements isnt going to get it done this year.

My 2 cents: Seriously temper your expectations.

When the principal owner/GM is a career loser unwilling to change his methods, it stands to reason that a loser’s mentality will permeate throughout the organization. Ownership cares about keeping overhead costs low, employing family members, and making a decent profit each year. Winning football games is a secondary pursuit.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: From Worst to... (The Last 20 Years) - t3r3e3 - 12-31-2019, 07:33 PM