Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dalton sets Expectations in final Press Conference
(01-01-2020, 02:49 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I think Andy needs to go either way (cut or trade). He can go somewhere that they will let him compete for a starters job but not in Cincy. I think it’s harder for QBs to be the backup at a place where they have been the starter for a while (like Eli this year). Andy will be happier somewhere else even if he isn’t starting and it will be better for Burrow, too (not having to work with a guy who would rather be somewhere else)

Burrow has to play from day one and if they are smart they will go get a journeyman back up type to be 2nd string and help him out.

I am really interested to see how Andy plays on another team if he does get that opportunity.

Dalton leaving could be more like the whole Tannehill thing where he's recognized as a bit of a time-sink and disappointment but may be able to have a good run on a different team.  I'm still leaning towards it being more likely he gets cut because teams know he wants out, his salary is prohibitive to keep on as a backup, and the contract lets him be cut with no costs.

Maybe we cut him and he gets a bridge starter job or he goes somewhere like Tampa Bay where he could possibly play the Tannehilll to Winston's Mariotta or something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton sets Expectations in final Press Conference - Nately120 - 01-01-2020, 02:55 PM