Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Alternative Look at 2019
I kind of felt this way before we even played our first preseason game. These dudes started very late in the game for an NFL offseason. This team was hot mess before they were even hired, to put it nicely. A new system, who knows how the players on the roster would fit in it. Could they get more out of some of these guys than the previous staff, or do we just lack talent? I think they figured that out real fast once the games began, especially with AJ and Jonah on IR. Losing those two really hurt bad. Then they bench Dalton, and it was pretty much a no-brainer that they were just trying to see what they have and hope to find who stays or goes next season.

If they werent aware of Dalton's 4-20 record without AJ at the beginning of the year, they are now. As bad as it was, there are a few positive things to take away from the season.

A top 10 Red Zone defense. Seriously thats actually a pretty good thing.
Finding a way to get the run game going and Mixon ending up with 1100 yards or so. The only thing that allowed that is the adjustments they made
Fred Johnson. Dude looked more stable than expected and Im glad they found him. He looks like an NFL caliber OLmen.
Darius Phillips. Dude showed up and emerged as a ST and CB player. He seems to be trending up.
Pratt. This staff, good or bad, in their first draft picked a LB better than Marvin had in a loooooong time.
The players stayed on board. I see no bickering. They were having fun at the end of the year.
Mixon believes and wants to be here
AJ believes and wants to be here

It may not be much, but we have some things to build on. Im not sold on these guys yet and wanted Rivera, but they can get me back pretty fast with a good draft and FA period.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Alternative Look at 2019 - JSR18 - 01-03-2020, 11:50 AM
RE: An Alternative Look at 2019 - corpjet - 01-02-2020, 07:02 PM
RE: An Alternative Look at 2019 - bengaloo - 01-03-2020, 12:55 PM