Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I wonder what Colin Cowturd Has To Say About Andy Dalton Now?
What a tool. You know he's really having to dig deep to blame Andy's success/Luck's failure on field position. That's a laugher. No matter where you are on the field, you still have to complete passes and make plays. Dalton has done that. Luck hasn't. It's that simple.

Obviously Cowherd doesn't watch many Bengals games. Otherwise he wouldn't be giving Dalton's weapons 100% credit for his success. The "weapons" aren't throwing the ball to themselves. They're not making the pre-snap reads. They're not throwing ropes. They're not timing the throws perfectly and making the correct reads on those throws.

I love how he rattles off all these average attributes that Dalton has (average arm, height, speed, etc), completely ignoring that Brees and Brady have no elite physical traits. Montana was 6'2" with a pop gun arm and he's the GOAT. Dalton doesn't need elite physical skills. All he needs is to master a good offensive system and to make good decisions. I think he's capable there.

In the end, this is just a dude that's paid to be controversial and also to pander to the fans of popular teams. The Bengals will probably never be one of those teams. Unless they win a championship and collect some bandwagon fans in the process. Until then, these talking heads desperately need a reason to doubt the Bengals. Dalton has been an easy target because he hasn't been a stud QB yet.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I wonder what Colin Cowturd Has To Say About Andy Dalton Now? - Shake n Blake - 10-12-2015, 02:54 AM