Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now You'll REALLY have to Read it for the Articles
This story was one of the bigger surprises of the day but the reason for the change is logical. Playboy has made subtle changes to its business model over the years and this one probably will turn out to be a good one.

Even as a kid though, I was impressed by the quality of the writing in Playboy. And as an adult the writing continued to impress me. I missed the articles way more than the pictorials when I dropped my subscription. The pictorials were good too, of course, but anyone who condemned Playboy or thought actually reading it was a joke clearly never picked up a single issue. I've known numerous well educated men and women who have read the magazine for decades.

In a similar phenomenon, the largest gay bar in my area recently closed. The owner said in so many words - we've won: we are accepted everywhere we go and there were as many straight people in my club as gay people, so the reason I started the place - to give gays a safe place to socialize - is no longer valid.

So skin magazines and gay bars are no longer needed. This is called progress. It should be noted that both of these trends - it being easier to view a nude and it being acceptable to be gay - would never have happened if it weren't for evil liberals like Hugh Hefner, me, and the billions more like us. So, if you hate nudity and you hate sexuality and you want shame, guilt, and persecution of those who are different, keep clinging to those values. But it won't matter. In the long run liberal thought wins every time.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Now You'll REALLY have to Read it for the Articles - xxlt - 10-13-2015, 10:23 AM