Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Taylor expects AJ to return
I'm surprised that we aren't hearing much about attempts to get a deal done before the new league year. This almost has to mean that the team and player are pretty far apart on what they think he should be compensated. I wonder if he has a desire to play somewhere else.

There's no chance he hits the UFA market, IMO. Unless negotiations pick up, he's getting franchised, zero doubt. Any team that wants him will have to make a deal with the Bengals. I have no idea what other teams are willing to pay, but if it's more than the franchise tag on a mulit year deal, then that's crazy. I'd offer 3 years, 42 mil and then plan to deal him after giving him the tag. If somebody values him beyond 14 mil per, then they should be willing to offer a significant draft pick. I don't want him here if he's going to be disgruntled, anyway. His time here under the new regime has been strange enough without turning flat-out ugly.

AJ is an all-time great Bengal, but his future here is precarious at best. If he's a factor on the field 3 years from now, it would be something of a surprise. The time to prepare for life without him is fast approaching, if not already here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coach Taylor expects AJ to return - samhain - 02-22-2020, 09:20 PM