Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teams with multiple picks in Rd 2-3
(03-05-2020, 04:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fitzpatrick isn't that far off from Dalton to justify Dalton's more-than-double salary compared to Fitzpatrick ($17.8 mill vs $8 mill).
The Dolphins would also have to eat $4 mill in dead cap if they decided to move on from Fitzpatrick, basically putting the hit to $21.8 mill.
Then add in a pick on top of that additional salary? No way I'd do that.

I really don't see Dalton doing well on a team that needs so many pieces to compete.
He'd be better off in Indy or Chicago.

The Bengals have been rumored to eat a portion or even all of Dalton's Salary this year in order to move him to a team that he wants to go to and they want. But, they of course would want a decent draft pick/s in return.
That's of course just a rumor. But, I wouldn't put it past them since they have such high regard for Andy.
I'd still take Dalton over Fitz any day of the week for a reasonable price. He's Younger, more wins, been to the Playoffs 5 times, more accurate, etc....
I do agree he'd be better off behind that O Line in Indy or the Defense in Chicago. Dalton had all those good Zimmer defenses and he took us to the Playoffs each time. He does well on teams with good defenses.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teams with multiple picks in Rd 2-3 - JerseyDD09 - 03-05-2020, 08:05 PM