Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teams with multiple picks in Rd 2-3
(03-05-2020, 08:38 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Think about it this way. They may have no choice but to eat some of his salary if they want to get anything for him in a trade. His Salary is too rich for any team that we'd be talking about besides NE if Brady leaves or a team like SD. Indy would drop Brissett most likely. Chicago would still keep Trubisky. Miami keep Fitz and/or Rosen or a new Rookie? If I'm Miami, I draft Tua, and trade for Dalton and keep Rosen for this year. I'd drop Fitz.
SD could take on his salary along with a Rookie, make him their bridge QB. Dalton is better than Taylor.
NE could, but wouldn't take on that money.
If the Bengals are trading Dalton, they're eating some of the money IMO. I don't think any team would take on his salary.

I don't know, 17.5 mil ain't breaking the bank for a solid starting QB in the NFL.

As you note there are multiple teams that would be interested. Just depends on which one gives us the best option and which
one is the best fit for Dalton. The more I think of it Indy is a nice spot for him to land if NE is left Bradyless. 

Belichick has already mentioned they are interested in Dalton. The problem for the Patriots is they have no 2nd round picks and
Indy has 2. Indy has the upper hand already looking at it in this perspective.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teams with multiple picks in Rd 2-3 - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-05-2020, 08:56 PM