Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teams with multiple picks in Rd 2-3
(03-06-2020, 03:37 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: The smart thing to do is to eat some salary to increase the draft pick.

I gave this example the other day: a second round guard would be one of the best IOL in the draft and should be able to start immediately and would cost $2m a year for 4 years. A free agent guard of a similar standard (i.e. in the second tier of free agency, so Glasgow rather than Thuney or Scherff) would cost $8m a year.

You could pay $8m towards Dalton to secure a 2nd round pick and still be up $16m over 4 years over the free agency option. 

(03-06-2020, 03:43 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: In which case why do you trust the Bengals to spend the money wisely in free agency?

And if you do go wrong, then a 2nd round draft pick will have far less guaranteed money than a second wave free agent.

Good thoughts, the only problem I have with it is that any Guard they get in FA whether it be Glasgow or Fieler is proven.

I trust any FA acquisition over any pick pretty much every time. The FA has played in the NFL and proven he can play in the NFL.

The pick has not, although, something is better than nothing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teams with multiple picks in Rd 2-3 - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-06-2020, 03:53 PM