Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just sign Burrow already and get it over with!
(03-11-2020, 03:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I forget exactly how George worded it. It was a way so teams could pay other players to keep the rosters strong.

I just see teams being decimated by one player's salary in the future, could be us honestly with Burrow in the future.

Your last paragraph is why it's so important to maximize these first few seasons of his career (ala the Legion of Boom Seahawks). If Burrow pans out, we'll have to pony up top dollar to keep him beyond his rookie contract. That usually means losing other key contributors to the team's success, and/ or having other players disgruntled with their current contract situation. Brady took less for years so the Patriots could spend in other areas... Of course he appears to be tired of doing so now that his weapons are more depleted. Of course Dalton did the same here only to watch Mike Brown not re-sign or even adequately replace key players.

As great of a player as Russell Wilson has become, that team hasn't been nearly as imposing since they had to pay him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just sign Burrow already and get it over with! - jason - 03-11-2020, 03:41 PM