Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just sign Burrow already and get it over with!
(03-11-2020, 03:41 PM)jason Wrote: Your last paragraph is why it's so important to maximize these first few seasons of his career (ala the Legion of Boom Seahawks). If Burrow pans out, we'll have to pony up top dollar to keep him beyond his rookie contract. That usually means losing other key contributors to the team's success, and/ or having other players disgruntled with their current contract situation. Brady took less for years so the Patriots could spend in other areas... Of course he appears to be tired of doing so now that his weapons are more depleted. Of course Dalton did the same here only to watch Mike Brown not re-sign or even adequately replace key players.

As great of a player as Russell Wilson has become, that team hasn't been nearly as imposing since they had to pay him.

Great post Jason, all true. Now is the time to go out and pay big for FA's to get this roster top shelf now and years down the 
road we can save our money for Burrow's extension if he pans out as you say. I know the Cowboys always have a lot of money
but I truly think Dak was overpaid and they will suffer for it down the road when they have to pay for O-line and weapons.

Similar to what I think will happen with Mahomes even though Mahomes is so good he might be able to handle it. Like you 
said Russell cannot carry his entire team and he is a great QB IMO.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just sign Burrow already and get it over with! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-11-2020, 04:02 PM