Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengals QB Evaluates Burrow
(03-28-2020, 01:35 PM)spazz70 Wrote: First off NO, I do not believe that he was enamored with Haskins.  Haskins was just better.  End of story.

Second, and this should be easily comparable about the defense and run game....Let us compare.

Haskins 533 attempts, 70% completions, 4831 yards, 50 TDs (broke Drew Brees record), 6 INTs, 108 RYds, 4 RTDs

Burrow 527 attempts, 76% completions, 5672 yards, 60 TDs, 6 INTs, 368 RYDs, 5 RTDs

This is actually much closer than I thought, Haskins had a hell of a year.  He really struggled in his first year in the NFL though.
Also, if you look at the records, Haskins and Sam Bradford both had 50....This was the record for a Power 5 School (since everyone wants to bring that up). Also, Burrow played one more game and had 6 TDs in that game, 5 passing.

Team rushing
OSU 2481 yards, 24 TDs, 4.3 average on 570 rushes
LSU 2342 (I used 14 game average for comparison), 28 TDs (minus the on from the NCG to 14 game comparison). 4.9 average on 475 rushes (again adjusted to 14 games)

Again, not a huge difference here.  OSU did have much more rushing attempts but the average and everything else is pretty close.

Total scoring defense
OSU- 25th overall
LSU 32nd overall

Total scoring offense
OSU- 8th overall
LSU- 1st overall

Overall, these two teams and players were pretty comparable.  Even as an OSU fan I forgot how good of  a season Haskins had.  I also questioned last year if Haskins would translate to the NFL.

But where Burrow really separated himself (for the few that were still doubters anyway) was what he did to the #1 defense Clemson team in the NCG.

31/49 463 yds 5 TD 0 Int another TD on the ground, and oh btw he played the entire second half with bruised ribs. There is just no rational way to downplay what the kid did.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former Bengals QB Evaluates Burrow - Nicomo Cosca - 03-28-2020, 01:45 PM