Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Whitworth on Bengals deal
(06-05-2020, 03:09 AM)Benton Wrote: Good points, but, just to play devil's advocate, there's the flip side. We've seen brown keep players past their prime because of loyalty. I think Katie and co were looking at it through a business lense: he's most likely got a couple good seasons before he starts declining and replacement (they hoped) was already on the roster.of course, it turned out to be the bad decision in hindsight as his shelf life was better and the replacement was garbage.

And I appreciate your point as well.   At some point you have to establish a pattern of good judgment vs. a perfect track record.   They don't have the best, and the new information shared by Whit displays a chain of bad decisions and shows a poor handle on the situation.   I think most of us felt it was too soon to move on from Whit, regardless of what we had in house - and that was demonstrably poor.   The fact that Mike Brown had to rescue us from a catastrophic display of poor judgment by Troy and Katie screams really poor perception of the player and his abilities - especially after he performed as he did for Mike's one year deal.   They were rescued and screwed it up again.

Then there's the fact that literally every other team they were dealing with significantly valued him more than us.   It just indicates the singularity of their poor judgment.  Plus they had already determined they would not offer Zeitler a contract.   That makes the odds of a good turnout even worse.

The more I hear about the situation the more upset I am about what happened.   It was a colossally poor decision. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andrew Whitworth on Bengals deal - 3wt - 06-04-2020, 02:18 PM
RE: Andrew Whitworth on Bengals deal - 3wt - 06-08-2020, 02:31 PM
RE: Andrew Whitworth on Bengals deal - McC - 06-04-2020, 03:54 PM