Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Von Bell Signing Deserves More Love on Here
(06-18-2020, 01:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great post SHRacer. That is one hell of an overhaul. Want to see sound tackling become infectious around here. The players we 
moved on from really lost the fundamentals of tackling, all the guys we brought in LOVE to tackle and wear it as a badge of honor
in their play. Good tackling Defenses can change games and save wins, bad tackling Defenses lose games.

Very true, all the guys we brought in seem to fit our Division. I don't think we will be the pushover anymore like we were the last 
few years. Lou brought in his guys on Defense and they are proven, Taylor brought in his guys on Offense. But I truly believe since
Lou got the proven vets the Defense will come around faster and be legit.

Interesting point.  They have every reason to be vastly improved as well, but if you think about it the only young talent on the offense (as in rookie) would be Higgins and Burrow.  Sample could fall in to that category, and even Jonah Williams, though.  So, that is four guys with two that will be starters and the other two should see significant playing time.

The only rookies that will see a lot of the field on the other side (most likely) are Wilson, ADG, and Bailey.  Possibly Khalid Kareem as a rotational player as well.  But when you say starters, I would say that only Wilson is a likely every down starter at least initially.

When I lay it out like that, and you have so much experience on the defensive line, Bynes at LB with Pratt in year two, and an all-veteran secondary, I think you may be right.  I just look at the offense with Mixon, AJ, Ross, Boyd, and a line that showed dramatic improvement once they matched the scheme to their talent and had some stability at LT.  

Burrow is the complete wildcard.  I know he will throw an untimely pick 6.  I know he will make rookie mistakes.  However, when I look at the guy's vision, instincts, mobility and work ethic, it is hard for me to not see the guy being AT LEAST as successful as Mayfield when he finally started his rookie season.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Von Bell Signing Deserves More Love on Here - SHRacerX - 06-19-2020, 06:55 AM