Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Excited I've Been in a LONG Time
(06-14-2020, 07:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree with the OP, the team has made a wholesale change of philosophy, and is now taking a different approach to building a winning football team.  I'll never accuse the team of "tanking" or "playing opossum", but I really believe that last year Coach Taylor was just taking inventory, and calculating what he needed to have changed in order to put forth a winning team, going forward.

Obviously the team management bought into his strategy, as we've seen the most free agency activity in as long as I can remember, as well as a draft that looked to me to be very driven and calculated.  I think that the prospects of the Bengals doing "great things" this year are fair to middling, but we will see a team that gets stronger and gains momentum as the season progresses, giving everyone watching the confidence to know that we will be a force to be reckoned with for years.

The drawback as I see it, is the virus situation.  Getting the team together, as soon as possible is paramount to building that new collection of talent into a cohesive unit.

I've thought to same thing about Zac's approach to 2019. I think he reached his conclusion about Dalton by the end of the Rams game in London. Dalton was NOT the QB he wanted/needed in order to win. He brought him back after Ryan Finley convinced Zac that he wasn't the answer, either. By that time, we were aligned to land that most promising QB to come out of college for many years. 

Look at what we did in free agency! As the OP mentioned, we spent the most money on free agency in franchise history, and it was primarily spent on the defense. DJ Reader and Von Bell have to be regarded as the biggest of those signings, but Bynes could prove to have been just as big. 

It's a good day to say WHO DEY! 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most Excited I've Been in a LONG Time - BURROWorBUST - 06-24-2020, 02:30 AM