Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gio Bernard - The Forgotten Weapon
(07-19-2020, 07:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Love Gio. However, I think after the hit vs. steelers in 2015 playoff game, he was a step behind after that (kinda like a batter getting hit for the first time in the box, then being too cautious after). Then again, he has came back to full speed after a year of shyness. I agree with you. This dude is underutilized. In 2017, IIRC, Hill was injured and Gio stepped up, he was kinda magical. Gio is not your typical backup. This dude get's yards and fights and has good ball control. In addition, his character and ethic is nothing short of great. Would love to see this dude split the backfield occasionally.

I'm pretty amazed when watching the Patriots how they utilize all their backs. Their is no stud in that backfield, each week it seems there's a different focus point back there. How do you plan against that? Brilliant!

I think that was 2018 with Mixon injured and Gio filling in nicely. It was fairly early in the season when we were still competitive... Mixon jumped on AJ in the end zone on that game winner in Atlanta... He was in street clothes.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gio Bernard - The Forgotten Weapon - jason - 07-19-2020, 09:51 PM