Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We'll Learn a Lot Over 5 Days (First Two Games)
(09-04-2020, 10:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think the most likely scenario is the Bengals get the win in a close game against the Chargers.  I simply don't fear Tyrod Taylor and their defense took a huge blow in losing Derwin James.  

The Browns game has so many variables.  They travel to Baltimore week 1 to play the ratbirds.  The Ravens traditionally start very strong and I don't see the same out of the Browns.  What makes it toughest for the Bengals is if they win week 1 and travel to a Browns team on a short week coming off an opening day loss (and potentially a big loss) then the Browns will have that "backs against the wall" mentality.  The Bengals also looked so slow and beaten up in week 2 last year (how much of that was the travel and black jerseys, I don't know) that I wonder if ZTs idea to have "the healthiest team and the freshest team" backfired a bit as they were super sore after week 1.  Though, in all fairness, I can't imagine any team truly being prepared for the rigors of a full games especially this year with no preseason games.  

I don't want to give Cleveland any credit for simply having a strong roster of weapons as they STILL have a number of potential issues in the trenches.  Just like we will find out a lot about our team's coaches in these first two games, we will see what the Browns have in their new coaching staff.

My bet would be 1-1, but my heart says Burrow will not go down to Baker.  If they start 2-0....holy shit.  It gives me the chills.
This is where I am at.Both games are winnable, but I have no clue as to what kind of condition the Browns are in. I'd like my chances on that Thursday night having just played the Chargers instead of having just played the Ravens.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We'll Learn a Lot Over 5 Days (First Two Games) - sandwedge - 09-04-2020, 11:17 AM