Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BoltBeat: Bengals-Chargers Pre-Game Roster Comparison
(09-13-2020, 10:10 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I don’t know what the rest of the article says but right off the top they got it wrong with the return game.

I don't want to blast the guy, but I agree that he doesn't have a very good understanding of the Bengals.

I thought I heard a stat from Dan Hoard on his pod cast that, after Keenan Allen, the Chargers WRs that will be playing (Williams is out) have a combined 2... TWO NFL catches among them. The gap between the Bengals & Chargers WRs is massive.

And while Eckler is a great weapon, Joe Mixon is the better running back. Eckler benefitted greatly from having Melvin Gordon back there. As the #1 option, we'll see how he fares. Mixon has the ability to catch balls out of the WR position, he just hasn't been used that way. I think that changes this year.

I actually like the Bengals D line over the Chargers as a whole unit. The run D was addressed with Reader & the 2019 Bengals actually had 1 more sack than SD along w 2 safeties... and that's with playing Lamar Jackson twice last year.

LB, CB, & TE go to SD, unless Sample is the real deal, then it would be a push.

Oline is a push at best for SD. Their line is a mess and probably in worse shape than the Bengals for the game.

And the thought that the S position is close is nuts, too. No way. No how. The Bengals 3rd S, Shawn Williams, would start for SD even WITH Derwin James available.

We'll see. I think Burrow has the weight of the world on him for this game. I think it's a wildly unfair advantage of no preseason games in favor of SD, who has a veteran QB. If Burrow can actually shine with a great game under these circumstances & expectations, that would be perhaps the most impressive Bengals performance in 30 years.

I'm sure they'll play it safe, but coming out and just letting loose might end up surprising SD and workkng out. Looking forward to seeing this all come together.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BoltBeat: Bengals-Chargers Pre-Game Roster Comparison - PDub80 - 09-13-2020, 10:42 AM