Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How Long Will the Rebuilding Take?
(09-20-2020, 09:38 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: One of my favorite posters, Marlon23, created a playoff thread and I’m not sure the Bengals are ready to be considered for postseason talk yet.  

What I would like to open for discussion is the opposite end of the spectrum.  How long will it take to rebuild the Bengals into a perennial playoff team? Is it even possible? For example, Marvin Lewis coached Cincinnati to a playoff appearance in his third season.  Is there a chance Zac Taylor can repeat this accomplishment in 2021?

While I’m usually among the more optimistic posters, I’m not feeling it right now.  Realistically I see a ceiling of 4-12 and a floor of 1-15 for the Bengals in 2020 and I take no pleasure typing that.  As much as I want to delude myself into daydreaming about a miraculous 14-2 turnaround, I’m seeing this more realistically.

This team and the coaches have more issues than the magazine section at the Library of Congress.  I’m thinking the Bengals will be having the #1OA draft pick for the foreseeable future.

What say you?

Tough to say at this point.  We really have to see how some of the young guys develop this year to see what kind of shape they will be in going forward.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Long Will the Rebuilding Take? - Whatever - 09-20-2020, 02:43 PM