Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL worst vs. Rush what gives ?
(09-21-2020, 06:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not true at all.  Despite missing two games with injury in the 6 games he played in the first half of the season he had 22 tackles 5 TFL and 5 QB hits.

His numbers the second half of the season were much better, but that was because they were among the best in the league.  Among DEs he was #1 in tackles, sacks, and tipped passes, #2 in QB hits (only 1 behind Joey Bosa), and #4 in Tackles for Loss. 

EVERY player in the league pads his stats against weaker teams, but Dunlap was getting PDs, TFL, QB hits, and lots of tackles in almost every game.

I have no idea how PFf works I just use my eyes. If Dunlap dosen’t set the edge in the run does that count negatively ? When your supposed to keep Baker Mayfield in the pocket and Dunlap comes screaming upfield letting Baker roll out and throw is that counted as a pressure ? When you finally get into the back field after the QB had all day to throw is that consider a pressure ? We’re paying Dunlap to be DE 1 and our best pass rusher. When you need to get to the QB in a big game versus a good team during a big 3rd down will he make the play ? We do this every year the defense has been awful the last 3 years and every time we criticize players PFF says there good. Geno is a stud , Dunlap stud , Vigil isn’t bad , this guy Bynes was supposedly a PFF stud last year , Bates is a stud , Williams Jackson has good PFF grades , Kirkpatrick is rated high on PFF and so on. Makes it seem like we have an all star defense and we’re awful every year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL worst vs. Rush what gives ? - jj22 - 09-21-2020, 12:06 PM
RE: NFL worst vs. Rush what gives ? - lone bengal - 09-21-2020, 06:43 PM
RE: NFL worst vs. Rush what gives ? - P W - 09-21-2020, 03:17 PM
NFL worst vs. Rush what gives ? - ah5 - 09-21-2020, 02:55 PM
RE: NFL worst vs. Rush what gives ? - J24 - 09-21-2020, 03:37 PM