Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The First Ever TFF Thread: Bills Edition
(10-25-2015, 12:05 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: After about 7 hours of analysing the game and recording the grades, I FINALLY have them for you. Now, from what I do know of PFF's grades, mine differ big time (ESPECIALLY on offense; all of mine are tons higher), which makes me think that:

A; They are way too harsh on the guys or,
B; The numbers I use are higher values than PFF, hence the higher totals.

I thought I was fair though; watching the game 3 times on tape (and once in person), we literally had 7, maybe 8 bad/negative plays on offense, all game; our oline didn't allow anything and Whitworth didn't have a single negative play, while Zeitler had only one. The plays that were borderline good/bad, were great plays by unblocked players, in every circumstance; in terms of efficiency, I think this was the best game this team has played, ever (on offense). Anyways, here are the grades!:

Top 5 on O:

1. Andy with a +9.3. 2 bad throws all game. Two. Arguably three, but Sanu should've caught it. All of his incompletions were throw-aways, batted passes or drops. Just brilliant work and his accuracy was on point, save for 2 of the throws. If he can continue to play like this for the whole season...

2. Whitworth with a +6.5. Not a single negative running play went to the left and he pitched another perfect game. See Bfine's thread for his prowess in pass pro.

3. 'dre with a +6.1. Had more negative plays than anyone on the line aside from Bodine, but he had the most impact plays, even more than Whitworth. Its great to see him just crush a DB on a screen pass!

4. Zeitler with a +6.1. After Whitworth, had the least negative plays and was super steady, consistent and punishing.

5. Bodine with a +6.0. Major impact plays (2nd most) but had the most negative plays; only once did he run into the backfield to pursue his man, otherwise was solid and made a phenomenal block on the DB on MLJ's TD.

I have never seen a game in my life, where the line went forward on every running play and kept the QB completely clean, like in this game.

Bottom 5 on O (never had it scored like this before):

Hill +2.3 (had 4 bad runs and he didn't lose yards on a single one of them. Bravo)

AJ +1.9 (Can't score high when you aren't targeted much, but did well when the ball went to him)

Sanu +1.3 (Probably could've caught the ball that hit him in the hands, but still, had a good game)

Hewitt +0.2 (whiffed a couple of times, but it didn't matter. Carey was right, btw)

Kroft 0.0 (when's he going to catch a pass?)

Fisher -0.1 (can't drop a pass that hits you in the hands, OL or not, low pass or not)

D is a different story, but people such as Dre didn't do as bad as PFF said (he only had 1 MT, they credited him with 2), anyways, top 5 on D:

1. Adam Jones with a +1.1. If he doesn't make the PB, its bullshit, period. Should've had another pick.

2. Nelson with a +0.8. He has indeed lost a step, but he's still doing his thing; couple of great tackles this game.

3. Iloka with a +0.7. Not too involved in the second half, he was solid as always.

4. Dennard with a +0.6. Fantastic to get your first pick in such a great game! Did a swell job, though did have some negative plays...

5. Rey with a +0.4. Our best LB on the day, he actually did better in coverage, than against the run.

Bottom 5 on D:

Vinnie Rey -1.6 (He was awful. He can't be a starter, try Dawson, I'm sure he won't be much worse)

Lamur -2.1 (I like the guy, but man he's terrible lol...)

MJ -2.4 (Another game in which he did nothing, I hope he can sack Pitt at least once...)

Peko -2.6 (After a good Seattle and KC game, he laid a stinker on Sunday. Boo)

Geno -2.9 (did nothing on the day. Surprised)

On teams, we had another good day, with only 3 somewhat bad plays in 17 snaps (one of them was Tate's).

Nuge' led with +2.7, Huber had +2.0, Adam had a +1.7, Peerman with a +1.1 and Carter with a +1.0. Fisher had the penalty.

So yeah, how'd I do? :$

Really, really good stuff....thanks for all your effort! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The First Ever TFF Thread: Bills Edition - SHRacerX - 10-25-2015, 07:04 AM