Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Improve Immediately
(09-28-2020, 11:37 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There is a way to make the Cincinnati Bengals immediately better but it will take a lot of ego denying from the Front Office to make it happen.  Only two coaches need replaced and I have their replacements in mind.  

First of all Jim Turner needs shown the door and issued a restraining order to keep him at least a kilometer away from any offensive line forever.  In his place should be Willie Anderson.  I’ve heard enough from Willie to know he is a stone cold expert in explaining blocking techniques.  A week under Willie’s tutelage will save Joe Burrow’s career and maybe his life.  If anyone can help those big hosses open up holes for Joe Mixon it’s Willie Anderson.

Lou Anarumo might be good at recognizing defensive talent but as a coach he is not adequate.  He can go to the scouting department.  Wade Phillips is sitting by the phone right now. He has stated for the record he would love to coach again if anybody would want his help — and the Bengals need his help badly.

- I would fire Taylor and promote Simmons to HC
- Put play calling duties on Callahan's plate to let him sink or swim with the eventual plan to be allowing Burrow to go Peyton Manning and call his own plays after this year or next.
- Trade AJ Green for a starting RG (if possible, or someone's 2nd string RG who is obviously better than what is on the current roster)

Long term:

- Remove the defensive coordinator after the season. Promote LB Coach Al Golden to DC.

- I actually don't blame the OL coach for the issues, so Inwould keep him. I actually think he prefers a different blocking scheme. In a podcast over the summer he alluded to the change to his scheme late last year to a power concept (if I recall), which improved the run game immensely. Taylor wanted to run the Rams blocking scheme, so they did for most of the year - and it sucked. Turner finally convinced him to change it late in the season because they don't have the personnel to run that scheme and the results were immediate. When ZT was directly asked if they were still running what they were at the end of last year he replied "It's similar", which is a bullshit answer because it clearly isn't.

Draft OL & DL heavy along with a stretch the field WR or two.

^ That is how I'd fix the Bengals
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to Improve Immediately - Yojimbo - 09-28-2020, 11:38 AM
RE: How to Improve Immediately - Au165 - 09-28-2020, 11:44 AM
RE: How to Improve Immediately - jj22 - 09-28-2020, 11:50 AM
RE: How to Improve Immediately - PDub80 - 09-28-2020, 11:50 AM
RE: How to Improve Immediately - Au165 - 09-28-2020, 11:57 AM
RE: How to Improve Immediately - HarleyDog - 09-28-2020, 12:46 PM
RE: How to Improve Immediately - Nati#1 - 09-28-2020, 01:26 PM
RE: How to Improve Immediately - bengaloo - 09-28-2020, 02:24 PM
RE: How to Improve Immediately - Joelist - 09-28-2020, 02:44 PM