Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Improve Immediately
I agree that the OL has been struggling for years now. Really ever since we lost Whitworth. Im not happy with the coaching on the line, but at the same time we need upgraded players as well and have for a while. A coach can only do so much with weak players. The issue I'm having with the coaches is I just dont see a sense of urgency from many, especially on the OL.

We had a great offseason by Bengal standards. But there were too many issues to fix to address them all. I think most fans agreed with that long before the season started. They were hoping that the addition of Jonah, more experience from Jordan, the new G we signed and Johnson would help but they all look terrible so far. And them signing Hart to all that money looks ridiculous at this point.

On D I would love to bring in Wade, but a part of me worries that ZT is gun shy on hiring coaches with more experience than him. Del Rio wanted the job and ZT didnt even consider him from what I remember. He hired Lou because they worked together before. I'm not liking that philosophy. We got a bunch of former Dolphins coaches because that is who ZT knew the best, not because they were the most qualified.

I think what will happen is the Brown family is going to force ZT to make some moves after this season, and it wont surprise me if hiring a proven OC and DC are two of them. Mike and Katie arent going to accept a bad season after they spent so much money in FA. They showed a commitment to win by opening up the wallet, and I dont think they will sit back and watch ZT and his staff squander it. I dont think Mike Brown wants his prized QB to get hit so much and dont think he will tolerate it if it keep up this way.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to Improve Immediately - Yojimbo - 09-28-2020, 11:38 AM
RE: How to Improve Immediately - Au165 - 09-28-2020, 11:44 AM
RE: How to Improve Immediately - jj22 - 09-28-2020, 11:50 AM
RE: How to Improve Immediately - PDub80 - 09-28-2020, 11:50 AM
RE: How to Improve Immediately - Au165 - 09-28-2020, 11:57 AM
RE: How to Improve Immediately - HarleyDog - 09-28-2020, 12:46 PM
RE: How to Improve Immediately - Nati#1 - 09-28-2020, 01:26 PM
RE: How to Improve Immediately - bengaloo - 09-28-2020, 02:24 PM
RE: How to Improve Immediately - Joelist - 09-28-2020, 02:44 PM
RE: How to Improve Immediately - bengaloo - 09-28-2020, 02:57 PM