Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow is out here throwing guys open
(10-05-2020, 02:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Joe Burrow is doing what I've only seen a handful of QBs do in this league...he's throwing guys open.

How many times in the past did we talk about how many weapons Andy needed on offense in order to elevate him? Andy was a fine quarterback hitting guys that were open, but he was just limited.

Burrow is out here putting up numbers and making this offense run with who? Drew Sample, a rookie in Higgins, Boyd, and...a washed AJ Green?

I just watched the extended highlights from yesterday and Joe is literally throwing guys open. Most of the time they are covered pretty well but he's putting the ball where only our guys can catch it. Man that's just so amazing to see. He's elevating this offense more than just putting up passing yards and TDs.

RBs are doing better than Green.
Mixon + Bernard = 25 rec, 186 yards

Sample and Higgins are right on AJ's coat tails when it comes to receptions. Green = 14, Higgins and Sample = 12 each. Sample would probably be ahead of Green if he had been the starting TE the first two games.

With Boyd looking like a perennial 1000+ yard WR, Higgins trending toward a legit WR2, and Burrow getting the TEs and RBs involved in the passing game, I don't see a big need for the Bengals to invest a lot of draft capital or $$ into a new WR next year.
Maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder, but I'd look for OL/DL in the first two rounds for sure. You can typically find a WR3-caliber vet in FA too who can be had for $5 mill a year, which would save a draft pick for even more OL/DL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow is out here throwing guys open - ochocincos - 10-05-2020, 02:54 PM