Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Good coaching makes a difference
(10-14-2020, 12:05 PM)Trademark Wrote: The Bengals need good coaching. Zac Taylor is not the answer. Look at Tannehill for instance, he looks like a completely different player now with the Titans. Coaching makes a difference and unfortunately we have a clown as the head coach

While I completely agree with your statement, your example isn't a very good one.  Tannehill left a team devoid of talent and was inserted in to a team with a great rushing attack, offensive line, and a few weapons that was backed by a solid defense.  A better example would be just to say what the Rams did with a new coach vs. an old dud.  Had similar talent, and they made it work, while Fisher was letting Goff be third string.  

I hear what you are saying, though.

The Tannehill example could provide insight that a lot of pressure and poor surrounding cast early in a career doesn't kill a QB, though, as many think.  Tannehill probably thinks he is driving a Ferrari coming out of a Yugo.  Maybe the same can happen for Burrow if they ever stop being satisfied with duds and make real changes on the offensive line.  I don't even care if Hart is our RT as much as the RG and LG have got to go.  If XSF comes back and is great, maybe, but he has shown a history of injury.  They need studs at those two positions.  And they probably need to get one in FA.  Maybe they could get Thuney next year after a year on the franchise tag?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good coaching makes a difference - SHRacerX - 10-14-2020, 12:25 PM