Poll: Are you glad this season happened?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you glad this Season happened if so why?
(11-13-2020, 02:25 PM)shanebo Wrote: Absolutely.  Despite the numerous issues -- widespread injuries, no fans, limited practice time/training camp, postponements and delays -- the diluted product we're seeing is far better than no football at all.

And I think this season, even with these issues, has benefitted the Bengals, particularly with respect to the evaluation of players, both good and bad.  We know we have a franchise QB, for example.  We know we have some very good foundational pieces at WR (Higgins) and S (Bates).  LB is not the glaring hole it once was (although we still need some help there).  And we've learned we can move on from some franchise cornerstones (Dunlap, likely Green) and others (Ross).  Without this season, we wouldn't have known any of this.

If we had skipped this season and retained the No. 1 pick, would we have been able to pass on Lawrence or Fields?  I'm not so sure.  Now that we know for a fact Burrow can play in the NFL, we can feel confident in drafting a Sewell or the best defensive player on the board.  Plus, no real pressure to replace AJ with the emergence of Higgins.

On a personal level, I feel much better about our team now than I did at the end of last year -- we still need to improve, sure, but I feel we're trending upward and no longer stuck at the bottom.

Nice post Shanebo. Bates is now being mentioned as the best Safety in football, big stuff.

Also Logan Wilson looks to be a stud and a Playmaker.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you glad this Season happened if so why? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-13-2020, 04:52 PM