Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Zak needs 1 more year to change culture
(11-20-2020, 03:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I call BS

I was a season ticket holder until a couple of years ago. There was not one guy on our team that gave more every play than Dunlap, during commercials those not there did not see was him ramping up the crowd. Simply, the HC and new DC are morons and have no idea how to use talents like Dunlap.

Dunlap was high energy and high effort, it is BS to say otherwise. He played here a long time, he earned his money while our coaching staff of ZT regime have not.

I'm not the only one who's noticed this, or brought this up.  If you don't want to take my word for it, I don't blame you.  I'm just an anonymous schmuck on a message board.

But would you take AJ Hawk's?  The 11 year NFL LB, who actually played with Dunlap here in Cincinnati.  He's on Pat McAfee's podcast and recently they were discussing Carlos and this is how he basically described him...

"Carlos is a physcial freak of nature, but I think his thing is he kind of picks and chooses when he actually wants to turn it on".  (Paraphrased)

If you don't buy his explanation, what about the countless other people in the media who have pointed it out?  What about PFF grades from game to game?

If take the comments from a former player, countless writers, PFF grades, and just taking the time to look through his stat sheet, you'll see he was widely inconsistent these past few years.  The last two years especially.

Look at the first half of 2019 and then compare it to the second half. He did dick all through the first 8 weeks. Look at the 2nd half of 2018 and compare it to the first. You'll significant levels of disparity in performance.

And just to be clear, I wasn't speaking on his effort during commercials, or his ability to hype up the crowd.  I'm talking about in-game effort.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zak needs 1 more year to change culture - Wes Mantooth - 11-20-2020, 04:26 PM