Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D&H Sports interview with Elise Jesse on Toxic culture
(11-25-2020, 03:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's not the puppets, it's the first year drama student "must do european accent for laughs" stuff that is cliched and instantly annoying for me.  Accents and impressions can be ok in small bursts but the constant nature of this is just something that irks me. 

That reminds me of the days when everyone was talking like napoleon dynamite or Borat.  Argh I hate it so much. It takes zero talent and it's completely irrelevant to what is going on.  Why are 2 puppets talking about American football both European?

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Sacha Baron Cohen uses his characters such as Borat to get people to underestimate him and drop their defenses. He can coax them into unguarded revelations they wouldn't make if confronted with a more conventional and apparently competent interviewer. It can be a surprisingly effective tactic (although I don't think Dadio and Hodgie make the most of it).

But why can't Europeans talk American football?

(11-25-2020, 04:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Man, I'm going to have to watch this. But I hate those damn puppets.

I wish she went on that other Bengals podcast. I was pleasantly surprised at how well done it was.

What other Bengals podcasts? There are loads.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: D&H Sports interview with Elise Jesse on Toxic culture - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 11-27-2020, 02:36 PM