Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's wrong with the offensive blocking?
(12-07-2020, 01:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I know that would be ideal, but doing a complete overhaul with a whole new group of OL just isn't realistic.
So what can be done incrementally to make progress?

I feel like scheme change is the first thing that will result in improvement. Cater the scheme to the strengths of most of the players.
Then replace a few in the offseason to where your ultimate goal is.

When I say complete overhaul I'm meaning 3 or 4 players this offseason. Couple more the next.

Let's say we bring in Sewell and another good prospect at guard in 3rd round. Get a vet good G/C in free agency, Williams comes back and does good, overhaul started.

Starting Oline next season Sewell, Spain, Vet FAC, Rookie G, Williams. Backups XSF, Adeniji, Hopkins, late draft pick, Johnson.

Shit can all the deadwood, Redmond, Hart, Jordan, Price

The following offseason another high round draft pick, another free agent pick up or cut from another team cap casualty. Like Wyche says this team is getting railed weekly because we're getting our asses handed to us in the trenches. It's got to be our offseason focus !

We can get 20 of the fastest receivers and RB's and DB's  in the world on this team and it will matter not if we can't gat better, a lot better on the O and D line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's wrong with the offensive blocking? - bengalfan74 - 12-07-2020, 02:09 PM