Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's wrong with the offensive blocking?
(12-07-2020, 02:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: Just watch them line up and watch the play and it is informative. The pad levels are too high and feet not properly set; as a result they don’t get leverage. On the snap they do not fire off forward to engage the defense; they either stand there waiting for defenders or backpedal right away. Mentally the never seem to pick up stunts or shifts which is a lot of why we constantly see unblocked defenders roar in.

A lot of this is poor coaching. The technique is bad and the blocking scheme is nonsensical. Turner AND all the OL assistants need to be replaced with legit coaches who teach a system that actually fits the players. Of the current group I suspect Jordan and Hart are the most in need of replacement. The rest of them under a real OL coach I think would surprise a lot of people.

You hit on some great things that I have noticed too. Although I'm not going through and watching the same play multiple times in slow motion, so I am for sure missing some things.

You mention that a lot of this is poor coaching, and you mention there are mental issues happening. Do you feel that the blocking is too complex for these guys? If they are making mental mistakes so often, it seems they aren't fully understanding what they need to do and when.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's wrong with the offensive blocking? - ochocincos - 12-07-2020, 02:22 PM