Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bring Back Jay Gruden for Head Coach
(12-07-2020, 10:06 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: 1.  Knows the “Bengal” way
2.  Works very well with young QB’s
3.  Offense was very potent when he was the Bengals coordinator
4.  Not wet behind the ears like ZT.  He has experience and a network of other assistant coaches who are better than the trash we have
5.  Did a decent job with a difficult situation at Washington
6.  We need a change

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am actually falling in line with this idea.  Here's a few things I would add to what you already mentioned:

1.)  He was able to teach his offense and get good results in a very short turnaround with no OTAs and a couple rookies leading the offense.  

2.) He plays to the strengths of his players.  He doesn't try to make someone something they aren't.  

3.) He stays better balanced.  The 2011 offense rushed the ball 415 times.  With just four games remaining, the Bengals have rushed the ball just 229 times.  The 2011 offense passed the ball 534 times, while this year's team has thrown the ball 469 times with four games remaining.  Of note: the two wins this season yielded two of the more balanced offensive gameplans:  Jax 36 pass/34 rush.  Tenn 37 pass/32 rush.  Even when your rushing attack isn't busting out 4-6 yards early in a game, you simply can't abandon it and become one dimensional.  It makes you too easy to defend and exposes your QB.  See the week 2 game against the Browns and virtually any game against pitt and you will see a team that didn't abandon the run when it wasn't working that well early and the dividends it paid later in the game.

4.) Having been around the league now for over a decade, Gruden is connected.  He would have no problem forming a quality staff around him. 

5.) Gruden is hilarious.  I know that sounds stupid, but the guy is an absolute riot.  He is VERY direct, and has no room for BS.  I think his players appreciate that.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring Back Jay Gruden - Nicomo Cosca - 12-07-2020, 10:10 PM
RE: Bring Back Jay Gruden for Head Coach - SHRacerX - 12-08-2020, 09:49 AM