Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad Johnson is flat out crazy
(12-10-2020, 06:01 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: https://twitter.com/Chughes612/status/1336404201841307657

Awesome short story by Hue Jackson.

that dude is hilarious.

Chad had some outstanding moments, both as a player and as an entertainer.  He said himself that he "made it cool to be a Bengals Fan again", and while I don't think it would have worked if they were losing, he's sort of right.

I remember a friend that sat in our section was at Koch's Sporting Goods in downtown Cincy, and she said there were about 4 women in the store (not with her) and in strolls Chad Johnson.  This was pretty early in his career, but he was already becoming a huge star.  

She said he called the five of them over to him and said:  "Ladies, do you know who I am?" and only my friend said "Hell yes I do, Chad!".  He laughed and gave her a hug and then said to the other ladies:  "It's ok, you will know me after today...I play for the Bengals and here is what I am going to do for you.  I want you to go pick out $200 of Bengal merchandise for your kids, your husband, your boyfriend, or yourself and I am going to pay for it.  Then, he signed all the items like shirts and jerseys that they bought.  

That never made it to the media, but I always loved that story.  I hope the guy has invested well, because he seems to throw a lot of money around.  I absolutely love Chad.  I got to meet him a couple times and he is hilarious.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chad Johnson is flat out crazy - SHRacerX - 12-11-2020, 11:27 AM